Oshawa Valley Botanical Gardens: Peonies in Bloom

A week ago, I made a visit to the Oshawa Valley Botanical Gardens a few days before the Peony Festival.  It is so much easier to photograph those beautiful blooms without the crowds milling about and tripping over my tripod! Here are some of the photographs that I took and would love to share with you.

Advertisements

About janewalkerscards

Jane Walker is a Newcastle photographer who creates framed photographs, photo trays and matted greeting cards reflecting the beauty of nature and gardens. Her recent interest in birds, owls and other wildlife is now being reflected in her posts. As a member of the Oshawa Camera Club, Jane has started to enter some of her photos for judging and appreciates the critiques by the judges. You'll be surprised at what shows up under the guise of "janewalkerscards".
Gallery | This entry was posted in Gardens and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Oshawa Valley Botanical Gardens: Peonies in Bloom

1. Michelle says:

Beautiful Jane!

2. Gloria Tuerk says:

Jane – Absolutely beautiful

3. Judy Metcalf says:

Hi Jane Thanks for sending me those pictures.In regards to your post, I have never been to the Oshawa Botanical Gardens, in fact I did not know that one existed!I love peonies. The ones that grow by our driveway (getting hiddn by rasberry canes right now) are very old plants and have a beautiful fragrance. Enjoy your day. Judy Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 21:55:11 +0000 To: judy.metcalf@hotmail.ca

• Sorry for my late reply. I did notice your lovely peonies when I drove past your place. Too bad the blooming period of these old flowers is so short-lived.
      Put the peony gardens on your list for next June and try to get there.

4. Mary says:

Jane
    My favourite flowers
    I can smell those flowers as I see your beautiful photographs
    Thank you for sharing their beauty !!!

• II didn’t know they were your favourites…… One of mine as well. You should plan a visit to Oshawa Valley’s Botanical Gardens next year and visit Parkwood Estates at the same time.

5. Loreen says:

Gorgeous!

6. linda lee says:

Hi Jane
    I love peonies as well. The pictures are wonderful.

7. Jocelyne says:

Peonies are very high on my list of favourite flowers. You captured them so beautifully.
    I never saw a yellow peony before, it’s amazing ! 🙂

• One of my favourites as well. It’s unfortunate that peonies have such a short showing off time. And you are right, the yellow ones are quite rare. The Peony Festival is amazing as so many people get to see the many varieties. I love the tree peonies.

8. I’m coming to love this type of flower 🙂 Very pretty.

9. Thanks, Jeffrey. My favourite photography is nature but I began with flower photos. I love seeing the nature shots that you take in Michigan county…